Despite the fact that water dispenser leaking from the bottom is considered normal, understanding the reason as to why this occurs can be frustrating for most individuals. Clarifying the reason as to why this has to happen isn’t straightforward since there are several reasons as to why water dispensers tend to leak from the bottom.
Nevertheless, one of the most common fundamental reasons for water leakage in a water dispenser is the accumulation of crushed ice. By understanding what causes leakage in water dispensers, rectifying the problem becomes relatively easy. As a result, in this article, we shall be discussing how to fix the water dispenser.
How to troubleshoot your water dispenser?
Troubleshooting your water dispenser is highly essential. When you understand the problem, fixing it will become relatively easy. Therefore, some of the tricks you might consider using when troubleshooting your water dispenser include;
- When you have the refrigerator installed, you should consider leaving your appliance to cool down for approximately 24 hours.
- Once you have that done, you should carefully dispense approximately 2 to 3 gallons of water all at once.
- By doing that, it helps in eradicating the possibilities of dripping, and in case it does, it indicates that your pipe had air.
- However, if you fail to prevent leakage from occurring, consider taking out the filter and then try to dispense approximately one gallon of water.
- With that done, you should carefully place your water filter back to its position, and it will help in preventing leakage problems.
- However, if you fail to prevent leakage, this will indicate that you require some extra cash and purchase water dispenser spare parts to help in fixing this problem.
Common causes of water leakage in water dispensers
Nowadays, having your water dispenser connected to the refrigerator has become a common thing. Nevertheless, it might not be a good idea in some cases when it comes to the longevity of your kitchen floor due to frequent water leakage. Fixing your water dispenser will not only help to save water but also boost your floor longevity and time spent in cleaning. Some of the common causes of water leakage in water dispensers include;
Trapped air is by far one of the most common causes of water leakage in water dispensers. Air trapped in a water dispenser is never a good sign, and fixing this problem should always be your top priority. When air accumulates in the pipeline of a water dispenser can lead to pressure build-up in the system. As time progresses, the pressure will force the stored water to burst out through any available opening or crack.
To fix this problem, you should ensure that the whole filter has been drained each time. By doing so, air build-up will not occur; hence, you can prevent significant leakage from occurring.
In case the problem persists, this means that you have to look for water dispenser parts. The most essential part you will need to focus more on is the water valve. Frequent leakage may be a result of a faulty water valve.
Whenever your water dispenser leaks despite the pressure from your fridge being low, this is a clear sign that the dispenser has some issues that need to need to be rectified. In most cases, this occurs when your water valve losses its quality or becomes worn out as a result of prolonged usage. As a result, you will be forced to replace it; when doing so, you should consider hiring an individual with experience in water dispenser repair.
Overflow catch pan
Catch pan is often located underneath a dispenser, which helps in collecting excess water when leaking. Usually, the catch pan tends to overflow as a result of an individual’s negligence, which often leads to leaking. Rectifying this is relatively easy; you will consider cleaning your catch pan regularly to help in preventing any possible overflow.
Fixing water dispenser
Individuals with in-built water dispenser tap in their refrigerators tend to find life pretty much more straightforward. This is because it allows you to access clean water without having to fill pitchers, which is often a tedious job. However, if you own a water dispenser and would like to fix it, here are some few critical steps you might consider adhering to;
- The first thing you should consider doing is to get hold of your sensor arm and then place the container below a spigot for a short period to check if the water dispenser tap is leaking.
- Once you confirm the leakage, use a warm, clean cloth to clean your dispenser, particularly within the sensor arm.
- You should consider keeping your dispenser running, and you should consider doing so intermittently. It is best that you turn it on for approximately five seconds and then have it off for another five seconds. It would be best to consider doing so for approximately two minutes since it will help eradicate the trapped air.
- However, if this does not work, you should consider evaluating the plumbing structure of your refrigerator and assess if there is any significant leakage. If necessary, you should consider replacing the pipeline with the help of an experienced individual. By doing so, you will be able to prevent any future leakage.
When fixing your water dispenser, you should consider looking for high-quality water dispenser spare parts whenever necessary. The inlet valet is designed to help in channeling water to your water dispenser; always check if it’s is in the right condition. Otherwise, you will have to replace it in order to facilitate the flow of water into your water dispenser. Water dispenser repair should always be conducted regularly to help in boosting the longevity of your dispenser.
There is no doubt that water dispenser is highly essential, especially during the summer seasons. As a result, you should always consider doing anything to ensure that it is running at all times. As we come to a conclusion, we hope that you find this article beneficial as you learn how to fix the water dispenser.